Live Performance, Sound Engineering
(Recommended 12+ 1 hour sessions)
- How to perform their own music in a live situation
- Understand and utilise industry standard software and hardware to perform live music
- Mix and balance a live performance
- Programme and use the latest midi controllers
- Understand and utilise equipment for live performance including microphones, mixing desks, midi controllers and P.A equipment
- Gain confidence in live performance and in a sound engineering environment
is the introduction to Live Performance. This module will focus on live performance software and hardware, sound engineering and performance skills. Using the industry standard live performance software and associated hardware Ableton Live, Traktor and Serato, Mixing Desks and Sound Equipment and using the music they created in Module 1
The first 2 modules are core foundation modules for learning the software and hardware, skills and knowledge to run equipment individually and also to gain an understanding of a school’s own equipment, allowing a group or individuals to continue learning. A 12 session programme is advised for each of these modules and can be adapted for longer periods.
All modules will create a basis for further study, and all can be tailored to the needs of pupils and classes.